System Administration Advanced
Implement Workflows and System Enhancements to Automate Processes
The course teaches attendees how to administer a ServiceNow system, fine-tuning features based on organizational needs and how to automate more processes. This two-day course provides hands-on practice for implementing new workflows and changing system settings.
Best practices around a core set of ServiceNow applications are detailed and applied to course work. Attendees implement workflows and system enhancements to a ServiceNow system that has been in production for approximately six to 12 months.
A combination of course content and lab work helps attendees learn how to:
- Capture class work in Update Sets to understand their purpose and movement
- Define Reference Qualifiers that direct the right data to the right users at the right time
- Learn how access to data is controlled within the framework of ServiceNow Contextual Security
- Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows
- Coordinate service catalog elements, including user criteria, cart controls, and variables
- Create a Record Producer
- Define and use a database view as a report source, consider performance Best Practices, and try security controls that apply to reporting
- Implement a Web Services SOAP integration and learn about the possible data paths into ServiceNow
- Set system controls that direct the right data to the right users at the right time
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real-world example. Each course attendee will be given an administration course handbook.
The authorization is given by Symfoni’s certified ServiceNow trainer who is also an experienced implementation consultant,
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for ServiceNow administrators and consultants who maintain ServiceNow systems – in production for approximately six to 12 months – and who have successfully passed the System Administration certification.
- System administrator certification and Scripting in ServiceNow or equivalent experience.
- The Foundations online learning course, which has six modules that introduce the ServiceNow interface and explore how to use various features and applications.