Configure and Manage a ServiceNow Instance
During this training you will be able to perform system administration functions in your own dedicated training environment. Course digs into core configuration tasks, UI and data policies, user management with groups and roles, workflows, alerts and notifications together with many other tasks important to System Administrators.
This course is designed for system administrators who are new to the ServiceNow ecosystem. During this 3-day interactive training course attendees will implement various system administration functions in their own instance, learning to perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks.
Attendees will learn to:
- Perform core configuration tasks
- Work with User Interface (UI) policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules and client scripts
- Add users, groups and roles
- Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), import sets and update sets
- Work with two key process applications: Knowledge Base and ServiceNow Service Catalog
- Create workflow activities and approvals
- Configure alerts and notifications
- View upgrade history and status
- Control system access and data security
- Create baseline performance metrics
- Run reports, configure service level agreements (SLAs) and perform instance branding and – customization
- Integrate social IT elements and learn best practices
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real-world example. Each course attendee will be given an administration course handbook.
The authorization is given by Symfoni’s certified ServiceNow trainers who are also experienced implementation consultants.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new ServiceNow System Administrators – 0-3 months into a new deployment.
The ServiceNow Foundations eLearning course – six modules that introduce the ServiceNow platform and interface.