Service Portal Advanced - Virtual
Develop Widgets and advanced Search Sources
- Review the Widget Editor.
- Discuss Widget development strategies.
- Learn how to use built‑in AngularJS directives, services and ServiceNow’s Service Portal APIs.
- Explore Widget properties.
- Develop their own custom Widgets.
- Learn which 3rd party libraries and resources are installed in the platform.
- Develop re‑usable Widget Dependencies, Angular Providers, and Angular ng‑templates.
- Discuss how to embed a Widget in another Widget.
- Review different ways for Widgets to communicate with one another.
- Explore how Widgets send/receive information.
- Script custom Search Sources.
These objectives are achieved through a combination of demos, lecture, and group discussions. Lab exercises woven throughout the class walk students through practicing every technique discussed.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for pro‑code System Administrators and Application Developers who want to learn how to develop advanced Service Portals components. You will be expected to script.
Completion of the following ServiceNow courses:
- ServiceNow Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Scripting Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Service Portal Fundamentals
6+ months of hands‑on ServiceNow administration experience
Basic understanding of:
This course does not offer certification.
Two days 9:00am – 5:00pm (includes 1 hour lunch break).